The Ophthalmic Drugs Market is expected to be around US$ 57.66 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 6.78% in the given forecast period.
The ophthalmic drugs are the formulations that are planned for the treatment of eye diseases such as diabetic macular edema, cytomegalovirus retinitis, cataract, glaucoma, colour blindness, and age-related macular degeneration. Growth in geriatric population; growth in prevalence of eye disease such as cataract, glaucoma, and macular degeneration; surge in demand of ophthalmic drug, and growth in investment in R&D activities by many healthcare companies are the key factors that drive the development of the global ophthalmic drugs market. Moreover, surge in demand for ophthalmic drugs, growth in alertness about healthcare to prevent the risk of eye diseases, and initiatives taken by government for development & manufacturing of different mixture of ophthalmic drugs propel the development of the market. Nevertheless, prolonged time period for manufacturing and formulating the ophthalmic drug as well as side effects associated with the ophthalmic drugs are expected to restrict the market development during the forecast period. Growing alertness about eye-related diseases and increasing advancements in technologies are some of the major factors expected to accelerate market development.
The global Ophthalmic Drugs market is segregated on the basis of Drug Class as Anti-glaucoma Drug, Dry eye Drug, Ophthalmic Anti-allergy/Inflammatory, Retinal Drug, Anti-infective Drugs, and Other Drugs. Based on Product Type the global OPHTHALMIC DRUGS market is segmented in OTC Drug, Prescription Drug, and Residential.
The global Ophthalmic Drugs market report provides geographic analysis covering regions, such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World. The OPHTHALMIC DRUGS market for each region is further segmented for major countries including the U.S., Canada, Germany, the U.K., France, Italy, China, India, Japan, Brazil, South Africa, and others.
Alcon, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Bausch Health, Allergan, Pfizer, Inc., Bayer AG, Santen Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Genentech, Inc., Novartis AG, Regeneron, and others are among the major players in the global OPHTHALMIC DRUGS market. The companies are involved in several growth and expansion strategies to gain a competitive advantage. Industry participants also follow value chain integration with business operations in multiple stages of the value chain.
The Ophthalmic Drugs Market has been segmented as below:
Ophthalmic Drugs Market, By Drug Class
- Anti-glaucoma Drug
- Dry eye Drug
- Ophthalmic Anti-allergy/Inflammatory
- Retinal Drug
- Anti-infective Drugs
- Other Drugs
Ophthalmic Drugs Market, By Product Type
- OTC Drug
- Prescription Drug
Ophthalmic Drugs Market, By Region
- North America
- Rest of the World
Ophthalmic Drugs Market, By Company
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Bausch Health
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Genentech, Inc.
- Novartis AG
The report covers:
- Global Ophthalmic Drugs market sizes from 2021 to 2027, along with CAGR for 2021-2026
- Market size comparison for 2021 vs 2027, with actual data for 2021, estimates for 2020 and forecast from 2021 to 2027
- Global Ophthalmic Drugs market trends, covering comprehensive range of consumer trends & manufacturer trends
- Value chain analysis covering participants from raw material suppliers to the downstream buyer in the global Ophthalmic Drugs market
- Major market opportunities and challenges in forecast timeframe to be focused
- Competitive landscape with analysis on competition pattern, portfolio comparisons, development trends and strategic management
- Comprehensive company profiles of the key industry players
The global Ophthalmic Drugs market report scope includes detailed study covering underlying factors influencing the industry trends. The report covers analysis on regional and country level market dynamics. The scope also covers competitive overview providing company market shares along with company profiles for major revenue contributing companies. The report scope includes detailed competitive outlook covering market shares and profiles key participants in the global Ophthalmic Drugs market share. Major industry players with significant revenue share include Alcon, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Bausch Health, Allergan, Pfizer, Inc., Bayer AG, Santen Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Genentech, Inc., Novartis AG, Regeneron, and others.
Reasons to Buy this Report:
- Gain detailed insights on the Ophthalmic Drugs industry trends
- Find complete analysis on the market status
- Identify the Ophthalmic Drugs market opportunities and growth segments
- Analyse competitive dynamics by evaluating business segments & product portfolios
- Facilitate strategy planning and industry dynamics to enhance decision making
Customized report as per the requirement can be offered with appropriate recommendations.